Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Alz

all i have been thinking about today is my parents. My moms sharp decline in memory since thanksgiving and my fathers stubbornness. There is so much heartache today and of course selfishly i think about what if i end up like mom? Im 40 that means i have 20 really good years left if thats the case. I am doing whatever i can now to eek out as many good years as possible for the sake if my kids and Bill. Its so hard for me not to think of my future as the sun is setting on my parents. Alz is torture for all involved. Its heart wrenching, and exhausting. Right now the only solution is to move my parents here with us. If my dad wants to rent a little apartment after they get here thats fine but for now they need support and it's available here in our tiny house. I dont know where everyone will stay at the moment but we started construction on the basement so we're definitely figuring it out, one drywall screw at a time.  My dad called me monday and somehow I missed it and never saw the voicemail till this morning. So of course I panicked and called right away ans of course he cant hear the phone so i called every 5 minutes for two hours straight. Finally he answers and i say a silent prayer that he did. He's having a very bad week. I just want to help! Im stuck. I cant be there all the time and im blessed that i have been able to get the time off i have to go there and do what i can. Shit im so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment